I have always loved sweet potatoes, my family not so much. Oh well, what do they know. Anyway, I have discovered purple and white varieties, right next to the regular old orange-fleshed ones. The purple color is outrageous and I have to think something in there is very good for you. I’m going to say these baked sweet potato wedges are gorgeous, amazingly delicious AND healthy.
I just happened to have some leftover horseradish cream sauce from our St. Patty’s Day dinner, and these sweet potato wedges were perfect to dip in this sauce. I think they’re fine plain, but use your imagination for a dipping sauce for them.
These are simple, really, simple. I don’t peel them, just cut in wedges and then toss in olive oil, roasted garlic and herb seasoning, sea salt and pepper. Once they’re on the sheet pan, I dust them with some smoked paprika. That’s it and they are great.
Happy Spring 🌷 Kelly
Baked Sweet Potato Wedges
Serves 4 to 6
- 4 large sweet potatoes, preferably 2 orange and 2 purple-fleshed potatoes
- 2 – 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Roasted garlic and herb seasoning
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 425º
- Scrub sweet potatoes (no need to peel unless you want to). Cut in half lengthwise, and then cut halves into wedges. Place wedges in a large bowl and drizzle with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle some roasted garlic seasoning and salt and pepper. Just eyeball it, to taste. Toss with clean hands so all wedges are covered well.
- Arrange wedges skin side down on a baking sheet. Drizzle a bit more olive oil and dust with smoked paprika (I used a small sieve). Bake in oven for 25 – 35 minutes, until tender. Check for salt and pepper. Serve with dipping sauce of choice, or not. Enjoy.