Easy Coconut Curry Salmon
Southeast-Asian inspired easy, spicy coconut curry salmon, all in one pan on the stovetop. Delicious with rice noodles to slurp up the spicy sauce.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce I like Red Boat
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek I like Huy Fong Foods brand, out of California
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 4 pieces salmon about 6 to 8 ounces each, skinless
- 1 tablespoon light sesame oil
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
- 1 (7 to 9-ounce) can light coconut milk
- Handful of cilantro roughly chopped
In a medium bowl, combine curry paste, fish sauce, sambal oelek and sweet chili sauce. Add salmon fillets and toss gently to coat.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat until hot. Add sesame oil, heat, and then add the the salmon mixture and cook for 3 minutes.
Turn salmon pieces over and add scallions and cover. Cook for 3 more minutes.
Carefully remove salmon to a plate, no worries if it breaks apart a little. Stir in sweet soy sauce and coconut milk and whisk to combine well. Bring sauce to a simmer and then nestle salmon back in the pan. Cook another 3 to 4 minutes or until salmon is cooked through. Add cilantro and serve with rice stick noodles (bahn pho) or jasmine rice. Enjoy.