Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
Sausage sheet pan dinner with roasted vegetables, tossed in a seasoned honey mustard sauce and roasted on a sheet pan until tender, browned and caramelized.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 2 tablespoons creole mustard or any grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons minced fresh sage and rosemary, or 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs like Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or to taste
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 12 fingerling potatoes, cut in half or other small new potato, like Yukon gold
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- ½ pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 medium red onion, cut in wedges
- 6 fresh German-style sausages, like bratwurst
Preheat oven to 400º. In large bowl, whisk together mustard, honey, olive oil, seasonings and red pepper. Season with a little kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Add vegetables and toss to coat evenly. Leave any excess behind in bowl and arrange vegetables evenly on a large rimmed baking sheet.
Pierce the sausages several times with tip of sharp knife and place in same bowl as vegetables; toss to coat with any remaining mustard-honey sauce. Arrange on top of vegetables on sheet pan.
Bake in 400º oven for 40 to 45 minutes, flipping sausages and rotating pan halfway through cooking time. Remove when sausages are browned and cooked through and vegetables are tender and caramelized. Serve and enjoy!
- I like fresh sage and rosemary and still had some growing in my garden well into the fall and winter months. Use about 1 to 2 tablespoons total of these fresh herbs, minced. Or use about 1 teaspoon of dried spices, like Italian seasoning.
- I love fingerling potatoes in this dish but certainly any small new potato will work, like red, white or Yukon gold.
- Play around with the amounts of vegetables, add more sweet potato if you like, or even try parsnips or carrots.
- Lastly, I don't stir the vegetables while they are baking, I just flip the sausages. I like the veggies to just caramelize on their own, I don't touch 'em.