Cajun Southern Fried Corn
Easy Southern style skillet fried corn with Cajun seasonings and butter.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
- 6 ears sweet corn
- 8 tablespoons butter I use salted
- 1 cup chicken stock preferably homemade
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, or to taste I use an unsalted blend
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream, optional
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
In a large bowl, cut all the corn kernels off the cob, scraping the cobs to get all the corn milk.
Melt butter in a large cast iron skillet. Add the chicken stock and Cajun seasoning and stir to combine. Add the corn kernels and bring to a steady simmer. Season with a little salt and pepper.
Fry corn until most of the liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently. Taste for salt and pepper. If desired, stir in a couple tablespoons of cream at the end. Serve and enjoy!
- I use an unsalted Cajun spice blend. I also use salted butter. Keep that in mind when adding salt!
- The seasonings can easily be adjusted to taste and heat level, you want more spicy, add a little more of the seasonings to taste.
- Can swap out some butter (2-3 tablespoons) with bacon drippings for an even more Southern flavor profile, and garnish with crumbled bacon!