Pork and Cabbage Stir-Fry
Healthy and easy ground pork and cabbage stir-fry in a Whole30 and Paleo compliant stir-fry sauce.
Servings 4 servings
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste comes in a tube
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
Pork and Cabbage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground pork or ground beef
- ½ small green cabbage, chopped about 4 to 6 cups
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
Whisk the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and a pinch of salt, cook until starting to soften, about 3 or 4 minutes. Add garlic, cook and stir about 30 seconds until fragrant.
Add ground pork and stir and brown, breaking up with a wooden spoon until no longer pink, about 5 minutes or so.
Toss in all of the chopped cabbage and a sprinkle of salt. Cook and stir until combined and then stir frequently until cabbage is crisp tender, about 8 minutes or so.
Lower heat to medium and stir in the sauce, cook and stir another 2 to 4 minutes. Taste for seasonings and adjust for salt, pepper and/or hot sauce.
- Recipe works equally well with ground beef.
- Ginger paste comes in a tube, usually in spice aisle or refrigerated in the produce section.
- I eyeball the cabbage amount, usually a half head of cabbage is plenty.
- If desired, garnish with green onions and cilantro and serve with cauliflower rice.
Calories: 450kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 511mg | Potassium: 612mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 125IU | Vitamin C: 46mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 2mg