Grilled Mexican Street Corn (Elote)
Grilled and charred Mexican-style corn on the cob, aka elote, slathered in a creamy and zesty sauce and topped with crumbled cheese.
Servings 4 ears
- 4 ears of corn
- ¼ cup good quality mayonnaise I like Duke's
- ¼ cup sour cream or Mexican crema
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped or minced
- Zest of half a lime
- Juice of half a lime
- ¼ teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- Pinch kosher salt
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese or Cotija cheese
- Lime wedges and chipotle pepper for serving
Make the sauce. In small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, cilantro, chipotle pepper, garlic, lime zest and juice. Season with a pinch of kosher salt. Set aside.
Grill the corn. Heat the grill and when hot, grill the shucked corn, turning every 3 minutes until charred all over, about 10 minutes or so. Remove corn to a platter or plate.
Brush or spoon on the sauce all over to coat the corn, sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese and a dusting of chipotle pepper. Serve with lime wedges on the side.
- You can substitute Mexican crema for the sour cream and Cotija cheese or Parmesan cheese instead of feta cheese. Mexican crema and Cotija are more authentic, but that said, it's all good!
- Use chipotle pepper to taste or sub with ancho, regular chili powder or a little cayenne pepper.
Serving: 1ear | Calories: 252kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 323mg | Potassium: 286mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 451IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 112mg | Iron: 1mg