Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
How to make the best crispy chicken wings in the air fryer, seasoned with Cajun spices and a drizzle of hot honey for the perfect sweet heat flavor profile!
Servings 10 wings
- 10 chicken wings, flats and drumettes about 1½ pounds
- Kosher salt
- 1-2 teaspoons Cajun/Creole seasoning, no salt blend
- 1-2 tablspoons hot honey store bought, like Mike's Hot Honey
Preheat the air fryer 400º
Pat chicken wings dry, lightly season with salt.
Place in preheated basket in a single layer with minimum overlap. Set cook time for 25 minutes.
Every 5 minutes or so, open basket and shake wings to move around and crisp evenly. About half way through, use tongs to flip pieces over as needed.
Check wings after 20 minutes, they should be done but if not crispy enough to your liking, air fry another 5 minutes for a total of 25 minutes.
Transfer cooked wings to a large bowl. Sprinkle on Cajun seasoning and toss in bowl to coat thoroughly. Drizzle with hot honey to taste, serve immediately.
- I buy a 3-pound package of whole wings and break them down myself. The package will yield 20 wing portions that I air fry in two batches.
- The wings do not need to be sprayed with oil, they will crisp beautifully without added oil.
- Add the Cajun dry seasoning and hot honey after cooking, not before.
Serving: 1wing | Calories: 83kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 27mg | Potassium: 61mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 137IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg