Classic Tuna Macaroni Salad
Classic creamy tuna macaroni salad with hard boiled egg and mayonnaise. Simple, comforting and so easy to make with ingredients on hand.
Servings 4 servings
- 8 ounces dry macaroni pasta
- 1 can albacore solid white tuna in water 7 oz
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
Cook macaroni according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cool water to stop the cooking process. Let drain well once cooled down.
In large mixing bowl, add drained and flaked tuna, chopped celery, chopped onion and chopped hard boiled egg.
Add the cooked macaroni, mayonnaise and celery salt.
Mix until well combined. Taste for seasonings, add salt and pepper and more celery salt, if needed. Serve immediately.
- To mellow the bite of raw onion, soak onion in water for about 20 minutes, then drain and add to salad.
- You can use more or less mayonnaise for your desired consistency.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator.
- To loosen up leftovers, mix in a little water and stir until creamy.
Calories: 500kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 14g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 123mg | Sodium: 682mg | Potassium: 326mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 247IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 2mg