White Christmas Chili
Easy white chicken chili, topped with sour cream and cilantro.
- 8 skinless, boneless, chicken breast halves
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cups chicken broth, preferably homemade
- 4 15-ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed and mashed
- 2 4½-ounce cans chopped green chilis
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
Sauté chicken, onion and garlic in hot oil over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
Stir in chicken broth and then remaining 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil and then cover, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Ladle into bowls and top with fresh chopped cilantro and sour cream.