Balsamic Berry Sauce
Fresh summer mixed berry sauce with balsamic vinegar for ice cream, desserts, pancakes, and so much more.
Servings 8 servings
- 1 quart mixed berries (see note below) (I used 2 heaping cups strawberries, 1 cup blueberries and 1 cup raspberries)
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½-1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar or more to taste (I used 3 tablespoons)
Put washed and hulled berries in bowl of food processor. Add remaining ingredients and puree to desired consistency. I pureed it smooth but you can leave it a little chunky if you like.
Chill. Serve over ice cream, cheesecake, pound cake or good Greek yogurt.
- I used the following package sizes: 16-oz. strawberries, 6-oz. blueberries, 6-oz. raspberries.
- You can also use blackberries.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
- Serve over ice cream, cheesecake, pancakes, waffles, yogurt... with scones, muffins. Whatever sounds good!
Calories: 80kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 73mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 54IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg