Cranberry Orange Sauce
Easy homemade cranberry orange sauce with fresh cranberries, orange, cinnamon and cloves.
Servings 8 servings
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 1 orange, zest cut into strips and juiced about 8 strips of zest
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 whole cloves
Put cranberries, strips of orange zest, juice from orange, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon stick and cloves in a medium saucepan and set over medium heat. Stir to combine and bring to a steady simmer.
Continue simmering and stirring until cranberries start to burst and sauce thickens, about 10 - 15 minutes. Remove cinnamon stick and cloves and serve room temp. Or cool and refrigerate. Enjoy!
- I zest the orange in strips and use about 8 strips in the recipe, more or less. You could also just zest an orange the regular way.
- You can freeze fresh cranberries as well as the finished cranberry sauce in air-tight containers. They'll keep for several months.
Calories: 82kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 34mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 38IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg