Hot Crab Puffs
Easy crab puff appetizer for entertaining, seasoned crab and cream cheese filling stuffed into bite-size rolls and baked until hot and golden.
Servings 24 servings
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temp/softened
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temp/softened
- ¼ teaspoon Old Bay seasoning (or Cajun seasoning)
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 (6-ounce) cans white crabmeat, drained and rinsed
- 1 (12-count) package small Hawaiian rolls
- Smoked paprika for dusting top
Preheat oven to 375º
In mixing bowl, add cream cheese, butter, garlic, Old Bay and Worcestershire. Mix with fork until well combined and smooth. Fold in crabmeat and stir to mix well.
Slice rolls in half and remove some of the center of each. Fill each hollowed out center with a generous spoonful of crab mixture. Place on a baking shhet and dust with smoked paprika.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until hot and edges of rolls are golden brown. Arrange on platter and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Can use fresh lump crabmeat, if preferred, about 12-16 ounces.
- Cajun seasoning is good, too, instead of Old Bay.
- Feel free to add more or less garlic and Worcestershire to taste.
- I use a small hand held flour sieve to dust the smoked paprika evenly over the top.
Calories: 106kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 166mg | Potassium: 50mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 186IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg