Garlic Roasted Broccoli with Lemon and Parmesan
The best oven roasted broccoli tossed in olive oil with garlic, lemon and parmesan cheese. Super easy, just roast until charred and fork tender.
- 1½ pounds broccoli, trimmed and cut into florets about two heads of broccoli
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice and zest from ½ lemon, divided or more to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper or more to taste
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese or to taste
Preheat oven to 425º and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In large bowl, toss broccoli florets with olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, crushed red pepper and a sprinkle of salt and pepper until coated. Arrange florets in a single layer, evenly spaced, on parchment-lined baking sheet.
Roast for 20 - 25 minutes in middle of oven until lightly charred and fork tender.
Remove from oven and scrape roasted broccoli back into the bowl and toss with lemon juice and grated Parmesan. Add some more fresh cracked pepper and taste for seasonings. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- You can use more or less broccoli but two heads should be enough for 4 as a side dish and weighs about 1½ pounds.
- Add a little more olive oil if it seems necessary or a little dry.
- Only add the lemon zest before roasting and then the lemon juice after roasting with the Parmesan.
- Feel free to adjust the ingredient amounts to taste, but the measurements given work well and taste balanced.
- Reheat any leftovers in the microwave until hot and the Parm is melted, delicious the next day!