Classic Zucchini Bread Recipe
How to make classic zucchini bread ~ moist and tender, flavored with cinnamon and studded with walnuts.
Servings 24 slices
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups grated, raw zucchini about 3 small to medium zucchini, unpeeled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt I like Diamond Crystal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
Preheat oven to 350º and generously grease/butter two 9- by 5-inch loaf pans.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until light and foamy. Add sugar, oil, grated zucchini and vanilla and mix well until sugar is dissolved.
In another bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Add to the egg mixture and mix well and a thick batter forms. Fold in the walnuts.
Pour into prepared pans, dividing evenly. Bake in center of oven for about 40 to 45 minutes, until toothpick inserted near middle comes out clean.
Let cool 5 or 10 minutes and then turn out on racks to cool another 20 minutes or completely before slicing. Enjoy!
- Grate zucchini on largest holes of a box grater.
- To toast nuts, arrange in single layer on a cookie sheet and bake in 350º oven for about 8 to 10 minutes. Cool and then coarsely chop.
- Serve warm or room temp with a slather of butter or cream cheese.
- Will keep on counter wrapped in plastic for 3 days, or in refrigerator for about a week, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Calories: 229kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 157mg | Potassium: 75mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 56IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg