Classic Egg Salad
Simple egg salad recipe with hard boiled eggs that peel easily, mayo, relish, mustard and dill. Makes a delicious and comforting sandwich for lunch or dinner.
- 6 large eggs
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise more or less, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dill pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- You can add more or less mayo, your preference for desired consistency.
- Fresh dill can be used, adjust amount to taste.
- Make a sandwich on bread or toast, with or without lettuce.
- If boiling eggs on stovetop, place in pan and cover fully with water. Once the water comes to a boil, cover the pan with a lid and remove the pan from the heat. Do not lift the lid, set timer for 10 - 12 minutes and then remove to bowl of ice water to cool.