Instant Pot Applesauce
Quick and easy homemade applesauce in the Instant Pot, a mix of seasonal fall apples, cozy and warm with cinnamon and brown sugar.
Servings 8 servings
- 1½ pounds sweet apples, like Honeycrisp about 4 apples
- 1½ pounds tart apples, like Granny Smith about 4 apples
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice about juice from half a lemon
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
Peel, core and cut apples into small chunks. Place in insert of Instant Pot.
Add water and then lemon juice, toss to combine.
Add cinnamon and brown sugar, toss to combine well.
Seal and cook under high pressure for 5 minutes. Let naturally release for 15 minutes and then release any remaining pressure. Carefully open and remove lid.
Use a handheld potato masher and mash and stir until sauce is at desired consistency. Enjoy!
- Use a mix of sweet and tart apples for best flavor.
- You can add more cinnamon, up to 1 teaspoon. Keep in mind the flavor is more intense cooked under pressure.
- For a super smooth applesauce, use an immersion blender to process.
- Applesauce will keep in the refrigerator for a week to ten days, or freeze for up to 3 to 6 months.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 197mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 92IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg