Honey Lavender Oat Milk Latte
How to make a delicious honey lavender latte at home, with homemade lavender-infused simple syrup, coffee and oat milk.
Servings 1 latte
For Honey Lavender Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender buds culinary lavender
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup sugar
For Oat Milk Lattes
- 4 ounces oat milk or any milk
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) honey lavender syrup
- 6 ounces strong brewed coffee
- Optional: whipped cream and lavender buds, for serving
To make the syrup:Bring the water and lavender to a simmer in a small saucepan. Add the honey and sugar, keep simmering and stirring until completely dissolved. Remove from heat and let steep and cool completely, about an hour. Strain lavender into a jar for storing. To make a honey lavender latte:Pour oat milk and honey lavender syrup into a mason jar and heat in the microwave for 30 to 40 seconds.Add the coffee and place lid and screw cap on tightly. Using a dish cloth, shake well to combine and froth.Pour into cup and garnish with a scant sprinkling of lavender buds and, if desired, whipped cream for a treat!
- Makes about 1½ cups of honey lavender syrup.
- Store in fridge for up to two weeks.
- Gently shake the syrup before each use in case of any settling.
- Adjust amounts to suit your taste, this is a really good guideline for one latte. Feel free to add more or less syrup, coffee or oat milk.