Homemade Tartar Sauce
Quick and easy to make tartar sauce with mayonnaise, pickle relish, capers, dill and more. Perfect with fish and chips or crab cakes!
Servings 1 cup
- ½ cup good quality mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dill relish or chopped cornichons/gherkins/dill pickles
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained, roughly chopped or green peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Dash Worcestershire sauce (maybe ¼ teaspoon), optional
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Hot sauce, to taste, optional
- This recipe makes about a cup of tartar sauce.
- Store in the fridge, keeps about a week.
- Use fresh dill or a little dried dill, or sub with fresh parsley.
- If you don't like capers, omit them. Same with the Dijon mustard.
- I like hot sauce with tartar sauce and fried fish, mix in a few shakes to taste or serve hot sauce on the side, totally optional.