Cajun Brown Sugar Salmon
Cajun Brown Sugar Salmon ~ sweet and spicy glazed salmon, so easy and on the table in 20 minutes! Perfect for weeknights and getting your healthy fix on.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Resting time 3 minutes
Total Time 17 minutes
- 2-4 salmon fillets, skinless, about 6-8 ounces each
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Cajun/Creole seasoning
- Kosher salt
Preheat oven to 400º
Mix brown sugar and Cajun seasoning in a small bowl. Lightly salt both sides of salmon fillets. Place a heaping tablespoon of brown sugar mixture on top of each piece of salmon. Gently rub all over both sides of salmon until evenly coated.
Place seasoned salmon on foil-lined baking sheet. Bake in middle of oven for 12 minutes, take out of oven and let rest for 3 minutes. Enjoy!
- This recipe is easily adaptable to one or more pieces of salmon. The amount above is a good starting point for 4 salmon fillets.
- Feel free to add more or less Cajun/Creole seasoning to your taste. Two teaspoons is good for us.
- Watch the salt! The Cajun seasoning I use has no salt, so I need to season with salt. If you use a spice mix with salt, adjust accordingly.
- You can use salmon with skin on. When cooked, the flesh will easily remove from the skin with a spatula. I just prefer skinless salmon for this recipe.
- You can also use one larger piece of salmon instead of fillets. You may need to adjust the cooking time a minute or two longer.