Easy triple chocolate Bundt cake made with boxed cake and pudding mixes, chocolate chips and sour cream. Fudgy, moist and rich dark chocolate cake for birthdays, potlucks and Valentine’s Day.
Triple Chocolate Cake is the easiest cake I’ve ever made, and it’s loaded with chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate. I got the recipe years ago from a good friend who often made it for birthday celebrations.
This is one of those rare times that I take shortcuts or make my life a little easier, especially because I don’t consider myself a stellar baker. This is cheater homemade for me.
This is an easy to make fudgy Bundt cake that uses boxed mixes, both cake and pudding. And chocolate chips, hence the three chocolates. It also has sour cream and that makes for one moist cake.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Double chocolate/fudge cake mix
- Instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- sour cream
- canola or vegetable oil
- a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips or bittersweet or dark chocolate chips
How to make triple chocolate cake
- Mix all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips in a stand mixer. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan and bake.
- Cool on rack, turn cake out and dust with powdered sugar.
Recipe notes and tips
- I like to dust the finished cake with powdered sugar and serve it warm with homemade real whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- You could go for a quadruple chocolate cake and drizzle ganache all over. I’ve had it that way once at a potluck, it’s insane!
So if you’re looking for a special dessert for Valentine’s Day or a birthday party, or even to bring to a potluck, this is your cake! xxo- Kelly🍴🐦
If you love chocolate and love cake, you will also love this bittersweet chocolate cake, decadent and fudgy, it practically melts in your mouth!
UPDATED: Originally published in February, 2016, and updated with new photos and copy in February, 2020, no changes to the recipe.
Triple Chocolate Cake
- 1 box Double Chocolate/Fudge cake mix
- 1 box instant chocolate/fudge pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup canola or vegetable oil
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 10 - 12-ounce bag semisweet chocolate chips ~ I used 10 ounces bittersweet chips
- Butter/grease a Bundt pan and preheat oven to 350º
- In bowl of stand mixer, put all ingredients except the chocolate chips. Mix until well combined and smooth. Add chocolate chips and mix gently to just combine.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for about 45 minutes until done. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes and then remove to cool completely, or serve warm.
- For a pretty presentation, dust with powdered sugar after removing from pan.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.