Honey Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots ~ baby carrots cooked on the stovetop in butter, honey and brown sugar until tender and glazed, finished off with a sprinkling of fresh thyme.
Just in time for Thanksgiving, these Honey Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots have to be the easiest side dish I’ve ever made for a holiday. Truth be told, I made these carrots last year, not expecting them to go over big in my family. They have told me repeatedly over the years that they don’t like cooked carrots. But then I made these and they quickly changed their minds. It must have something to do with the butter, honey and brown sugar ~ what’s not to love?
I will also admit that I’m not fond of baby carrots, usually finding them dried out with a slight oft-putting taste. That said, I use baby carrots here for convenience AND I’m super picky about the package I buy. Look over the selection and pick a bag that looks good!! You can see if they are white, discolored and dried out. I’ve even tracked down the produce guy and asked for fresher ones from the back. Ask, they’ll do it.
How to make honey glazed carrots with brown sugar
These carrots could not be easier. Rinse and dry the carrots, melt some butter in a skillet, toss in the carrots and add some honey and brown sugar. That’s it. Just stir and cook until tender, season with a little salt and finish the glazed carrots off with a sprinkling of fresh thyme. These carrots are so good!
Did you know cooked carrots are more nutritious than raw carrots? They really are, another plus for making these Honey Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots. They are perfect for the holidays and my kids polish them off. Everyone needs an easy, uncomplicated side for the big meal ~ this is mine. Oh, and the Best Brussels Sprouts on the planet, at least we think so. Honey makes everything taste better! ~ Happy Holidays, Kelly
If you’ve tried this French Onion Soup, please rate it below in the comments and let me know how it went ~ I love hearing from you! HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my Newsletter and come hang out with me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM and FACEBOOK for all the latest updates.
Honey Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
- 1 (32-ounce) bag of baby carrots
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (or more, to taste)
- Rinse baby carrots in cool water and pat dry. Melt butter in large skillet over medium high heat. Add carrots and stir to coat in butter.
- Add brown sugar and honey, stir and toss to coat well and brown sugar melts. Cook carrots until tender and glazed, stirring often, about 10 - 15 minutes, depending on size of carrots.
- Season with a bit of salt and then stir in fresh thyme leaves. Transfer to serving bowl, spooning glaze over top of carrots.
- Like I mentioned above, be picky and choose fresh looking baby carrots. You can also use 2 pounds of regular fresh carrots (nice ones with the greens attached), peeled and cut into 1½-inch pieces. Whatever looks best and is easier for you!
- The smaller the carrot, the faster it'll cook.
- I use salted butter, use what you like and taste and adjust for salt.